WITNESS AND WAIT (Acts 1:7-8)
Acts 1:7-8 And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the
times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.
But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon
you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in
all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the
· God has two words for time: CHRONOS, which means “time
governed by the clock” (QUANTITY time) and KAIROS, which means
“time measured by special moments” (QUALITY TIME).
· The key is that you have to take advantage of KAIROS time
at the moment it happens, or you lose it forever.
· Luke 19:44 (NKJV) 41Now as He drew near, He saw the city
and wept over it, 42saying, “If you had known, even you, especially
in this your day, the things that make for your peace! But now they
are hidden from your eyes. 43For days will come upon you when your
enemies will build an embankment around you, surround you and close
you in on every side, 44and level you, and your children within
you, to the ground; and they will not leave in you one stone upon
another, because you did not know the time of your visitation.”
· Acts 24:25 (NKJV) Now as he reasoned about
righteousness, self-control, and the judgment to come, Felix was
afraid and answered, “Go away for now; when I have a convenient
time I will call for you.”
· Ephesians 5:15-16 (NKJV) 15See then that you walk
circumspectly, not as fools but as wise, 16redeeming the time,
because the days are evil.
· Galatians 6:9 (NKJV) And let us not grow weary while
doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.
· When the disciples asked when Jesus was going to “restore
the kingdom” (send revival), He told them that it was not for them
to distinguish between the “times” (CHRONOS) and the “seasons”
(KAIROS), because only God controls times of supernatural
· Only God has power (EXOUSIA = AUTHORITY) over the results
of our prayer, our worship, and our work. But He has given us power
(DUNAMIS = ABILITY) to be witnesses.
· The key to revival is for the church to exercise its
ABILITY until God exercises His AUTHORITY.
· We must WITNESS and WAIT!